Skip to content


We want everyone to enjoy living in their home and we ask all residents to be both considerate and tolerant.

If you are being disturbed by a neighbour’s pet, you should speak with them in the first instance as they may not be aware they are disturbing you. If you are not able to approach your neighbour directly or you have and the situation hasn’t improved, contact your housing officer who will attempt to intervene on your behalf.

If you still feel you are being disturbed, we suggest you contact the local authority Environmental Health team. Should they take enforcement action, we will use this as evidence against the pet owner if appropriate.

If you have concerns about the welfare of a pet, you should contact the RSPCA.

If you are reporting other pet behaviour such as dog fouling on one of our estates, please contact your Housing Officer.

Under the law any dog can be considered dangerous in any place if it is not kept under control. The dog doesn’t have to bite anyone; it could just show aggressive behaviour that makes someone feel in fear for their safety.

If you are in fear of your safety, please contact the Police immediately or report the dangerous dog.

Once you have reported it to the Police, please contact your Housing Officer with the incident report number or crime reference and the officer’s name so we can contact them and work with them and agree the next steps with you and the Police.

Skip to content